We are no longer accepting host forms for 2017. Please check back in the Fall for 2018 dates.
What does a typical Engage Week look like?
You know your context better than we do and we want to adapt it to best suite your church and community's need. All we ask is that you allow the students to use their gift of preaching, leading music worship, and leading children and youth during the week. Prior to the summer, the team assigned your church will contact the church to discuss what will work best. The schedule below will give you an idea of what a typical week looks like.
Keep in mind, these are not VBS teams, they are revival teams with the primary resonsibility to lead your congregation in revival services and to mobilize your church to share the gospel.
- Saturday: Students travel to the church and meet with church leadership during the evening to discuss the week and pray over the Engage Week.
- Sunday: Students lead the morning and evening worship gatherings at the church.
- Monday-Wednesday: In the morning, students lead a Backyard Bible Club, Sports Camp, or VBS type activity as an outreach to children in the community. In the afternoon, students lead evangelism training with your church and then hit the streets (or any particular target area the church wants to reach) to share the gospel and invite the community to the evening gathering. In the evening, the students will lead a worship service at the church as an outreach to the community.
- Thursday (optional): Students will help with a block party or outreach event put on by the church.
- Friday-Saturday: Students will rest and get ready for their next assignment.
If you have other ideas or questions, please feel free to contact Mitch Tidwell, our Collegiate Ministry Associate.
What does my church need to provide the team?
Please plan to host the students for an entire week, Saturday to Saturday.
- Love Offering
We ask that you take up a love offering for the students during the services and send the offering to the SBTC office at the end of the week. We distribute these offerings evenly among the team at the end of the summer to help aid them in the following semester's school payments.
Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
ATTN: Collegiate Ministry
PO BOX 1988
Grapevine, TX 76199
How does my church sign up to host a team?
Please provide us with some brief information. Once you submit your information, one of our College Ministry team members will contact you.